blogad1

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston...


First, I wish to send my condolences and prayers to those that have lost loved ones and to those who severely maimed or otherwise injured.  These atrocities to mankind cannot continue unfettered or without recourse.  They must be extinguished as we would a kitchen fire.  I watched in horror as the events unfolded.  The graphic account of detached body parts whizzing by spectators sickened me, but alerted my sense of compassion toward those affected; a sense of wanting to be there....to help...any way I could. However, as the day progressed, I felt the compassion and helplessness turn to anger, perhaps even hate toward those responsible for such an evil that I am unable to comprehend.  As a Christian, is harboring such disdain for another human being or beings a violation of Christian creed?  Our Savior admonished, “Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust[1].  This, to me, is a dilemma of outrageous proportion.  How does one extend the olive branch of peace to a foe that possesses such a magnitude of pure evil, knowing they will refuse such an offering? 

As I supplicated the Lord this morning for understanding as to what measure do I dispatch mine enemy, I felt a warm calm envelope me that I attribute to the accomplishment of the Holy Spirit: The peaceful realization that one has when they are reminded that God has never left us nor will he ever; it is us who leaves his presence from time-to-time, not the other way around.  God is immovable, unchangeable and steadfast.  He is love, he is peace and he is in control.  For us, it is expedient that we enjoy peace within our souls, and leave the cursing, the justice and the judgment of our enemies to God our Father. It is not our burden to judge those who perpetuate evil: It is our's to bear each other’s burdens, to be willing to mourn with those that mourn, to comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that we may be in, even until death, that we may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with the righteous who will stand at the last day and usher in the coming of our Lord.

May God bless those families that suffer in anguish at the hands of evil design, and may God execute his will and his judgment upon those who perpetrate it.    



[1] Matthew 5:44-45

No comments:

Post a Comment